Misaligned smiles are not only less attractive, but they can cause a wide range of problems that follow patients throughout their lifetime. By beginning the correction process at a young age, patients are able to avoid the consequences of poor alignment and benefit from a straighter smile instead.
At grinz orthodontics, we believe that straightening a child’s smile through quality orthodontics is an integral component of their development and is vital to their future oral health. Through quality orthodontic care, we aim to ensure that our young patients maintain the health of their smiles by beginning treatment as soon as possible.
Below, we have shared the benefits of early orthodontics and what you can look out for to determine your child’s need for treatment. If you have any questions, feel free to give our Tucson, AZ office a call!
Benefits of Early Orthodontics
There are many benefits to beginning orthodontic treatment at an early age. One of the biggest advantages is that it can help improve overall oral health from the beginning – before problems have a chance to impact the permanent teeth.
- When teeth are misaligned or crooked, it can be difficult to clean them properly, which can lead to tooth decay, gum disease, and other dental problems. Orthodontic treatment can help by straightening the teeth and making it easier to brush and floss them; as a result, the likelihood of extensive dental problems occurring is greatly diminished.
- Another benefit of early orthodontic treatment is that it can help improve the child’s confidence. Crooked teeth can have a negative impact on the smile, leading to poor self-esteem as they grow older. By applying orthodontic appliances and treating the smile from an early age, children are able to grow confidently and never miss an opportunity to smile!
- Finally, early orthodontic treatment can also help prevent future health problems. When teeth are misaligned, it can put stress on the jaw muscles and joints. This can lead to pain in the jaw, jaw joint inflammation, headaches, and even problems with chewing, speaking, and breathing. Orthodontic treatment can help prevent these problems and enhance overall health.
All in all, there are many great reasons to begin orthodontic treatment at an early age. If you are concerned about your child’s smile alignment, be sure to speak with our team about scheduling a consultation. Orthodontics can make a big difference in a child’s life, and we encourage you to advocate for your child’s oral health by contacting us today!
Signs Your Child Needs Orthodontic Treatment
The American Association of Orthodontics recommends that children visit an orthodontic professional for an evaluation around the age of seven; this can give us the best idea of what their needs are based on the smile alignment they exhibit at that age. From there, treatment is usually started once more permanent teeth begin to emerge – between the ages of eleven and thirteen.
In order to best determine your child’s need for treatment, we recommend you bring your child in for a consultation. However, there are some general indicators that your child may benefit from orthodontic treatment, which you can observe at home; these include the following:
- The child’s teeth are crooked or crowded.
- The child has difficulty chewing or biting food.
- The child’s teeth are not straight when they smile.
- The child’s upper and lower jaws do not meet properly when they close their mouth.
- The child has a noticeable overbite or underbite.
If you are concerned about your child’s smile, it is best to consult with our team to determine their need for treatment. From there, we can get them started on the right path towards their best smile!
Securing Your Child’s Health From The Start
If you’re looking for quality orthodontic care for your child, grinz orthodontics is the perfect place to turn. Our providers are focused on making orthodontic treatment not only catered to benefit your child’s health but their enjoyment and fun as well!
We know that every child is different, so we take the time to get to know each one and create a personalized plan that is perfect for them. With our exclusive ZMYL Program, we make our treatment style even more impressive by incorporating treatment progress into colored stages that your child can display with pride! We believe it gives them something extra special to “ZMYL” about!
Find out what we can do for your child by scheduling a consultation today!